Friday, June 17, 2011

How I learnt to cook...

When I married I did not know to cook. (except omelet and...tea :) ).  We moved alone, just the two of us so we had only two options: die starving or die trying. I had to learn. First I made instant soup but this didn't work too long. So I picked up the phone and called my mother (luckily I knew the name of the food (dish) she is cooks) and I said: " I want to cook X today. What do I need ?" And she told me the ingredients. I ran to the market, buy all the stuff and called her again. Step by step she told me how to mix all that stuff and in which order. I took notes and...TA DA! Lunch/dinner is ready, baby! (unfortunately, we always skip breakfast). I am a quick learner but in case of something (like memory problems due to my age) I keep some of the recipes on a wall. I am famous for my special spaghetti recipe (see the picture below).
After two years of cooking (helped by phone at the beginning ) now I am not afraid anymore of cooking or new recipes  and I even invent some or modify the ingredients as I like to.
P.S.: no one was injured, nobody died from my food and nobody puked. And I manage not to burn anything!
P.S. 2: I think it's in my DNA from my mother (she's the chief!)
My famous spaghetti

1 comment:

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

Your Real Wedding